On Dec. 27th, I accepted Leslie’ Saeta’s Challenge of 30 Paintings in 30 Days.
Here Are My 30 In 30 Observations & Outcomes
- Jan. was a fun, motivated month by having this common, public goal with over 200 other artists.
- As a result of this commitment, I planned better and painted more. For example, I knew I would be 1 week out of town mid-Jan., and painted ahead.
- Being specific helped me stay focused and meet my goal. The medium was alcohol inks, the brand Piñata and the substrate, ceramic tiles.
- There was a sense of accomplishment and relief at the end of 30 days and 30 paintings!
- I really got to know and love Piñata, a richly pigmented, thicker alcohol ink.
- I also got to know and love working on ceramic tiles, which are considerably different from Yupo.
- I experimented and found sealants for UV protection and handling.
- I incorporated my 4″ and 6″ original art tiles into wooden boxes; open, hinged, keyed or with a removable jewelry tray.
I’m eager to share what I’ve learned in my next DVD to be released April 2013:
Dreamscaping With Pinata On Ceramic Tiles With June Rollins™
Never Stop Dreaming 🙂